Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cheerz...


Well, the summer has come to its conclusion. The 90+ Academy is finished for the summer and I am only a week away from returning to the States. It seems a bit surreal, just today it hit me that I only have seven nights left before I depart, yet it seems as though I landed just a few days ago. I know this is nothing new and time just goes faster as I get older, but it is still a bit annoying.

Last Tuesday 90+ played their last match together against the Vauxhall FC reserve team, winning 3-1, before many of the players went their separate ways. It has been an enjoyable summer with good ministry opportunities and a couple of decent matches, but I have enjoyed most the opportunity to make quality friendships with people from across the US and the UK, and one Brazilian. Each player brought a different dynamic to the team and contributed to the academy during the course of the summer. However, I am now returning to the US to find a job, like many of my teammates,  and hopefully start a career in coaching football.

Seeing as my responsibilities with the academy have ended, there is not much to report from the last week or so. To my astonishment, the page has had over 700 views (I would have been happy with 20), so thank you to everyone who kept me in their prayers throughout the summer and followed the academy through my blog. Godspeed to you all; your support has been greatly appreciated.
 
Andrew Scheck

1 comment:

  1. I just realized how long it had been since my last post, sorry for the large gap.

    ReplyDelete